Pebble project

I’ve spent quite a few weeks now working on monotypes of pebbles. I started with a charcoal rubbing that I made of a group of pebbles, trying to keep the separate characters of each but also the ways in which they related to each other.

I used this as a starting point for drawings that guided making monotypes. I’ve been trying out a new medium – Akua Kolor – which is an ink made for monotype that has rich pigment and is mixed partly with honey. It’s very different to handle from any other inks I use for printmaking. Very small amounts allow you to roll transparent layers to work into, so for the reduction approach to monotype they work well, as long as you are prepared to make a lot of layers. I made five or six layers for each print, using an etching press. So these are examples of the printed monotypes.


Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s